LOCAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
STARTING A BUSINESS
- Bristol Chamber of Commerce
- Bristol Business Directory Search
- S.C.O.R.E. “Counselors to America’s Small Business” is the best source of free and confidential small business advice to help you build your business—from idea to start-up to success.
- Northeast Tennessee Valley Regional Industrial Development Association
- First Tennessee Development District
- NETWORKS-Sullivan Partnership
- Bristol, Tennessee Economic Development – This site sponsored by Bristol, TN offers a variety of links and information on starting a business in Bristol. Entrepreneurs can find a Bristol Tennessee Fact sheet which provides Demographic and Economic information on Bristol as well as information on incentive programs available to businesses.
- ETSU Innovation Lab – The ETSU Innovation Lab is a local business incubator which is designed to support small, local entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneur.com – How-to guides, business ideas and business startup basics are just some of the topics covered on this site.
- The Internet Public Library Pathfinder: Starting a Small Business – General resources and tips for starting a business.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Provides tools, resources and tips for starting and managing a small business.
- Bplans.com – Sample Business plans and other business startup tips. Big focus on this site is the access to sample business plans. The site also provides access to several blogs with major emphasis on blogs written by Tim Berry, President and founder of Palo Alto Software.
- Business Plans and Profiles Index provided by Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Provides sample business plans indexed by type of business which allows users to access plans specific to their needs.
- The Southern Appalachian Fund
- USDA Microloan Programs
- Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development
- Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA)
- GovLoans.gov is a portal for finding loans from U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Small Business Administration, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.