AVOCA BRANCH LIBRARY
1550 Volunteer Parkway
Bristol, TN 37620
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 7 pm
Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday 9 am – 12 pm
Materials & Services
- Books (E-Books & Audio Books)
- Music CDs & DVD’s
- Interlibrary Loan
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Leapfrog Kits
- Internet Access & Free WiFi
- Black & White (20 cents/pg) and Color (50 cents/pg) Printing and Copying
- Reference Services
- Free Resume Help
- Notary (No Charge – Please Call to Confirm Notary is on Duty)
- Fax – $1 per page to receive a fax, $1.25 per page to send a fax.
- Tennessee Electronic Library
- Find It Virginia
- R.E.A.D.S. eBooks & eAudiobooks
- RB Digital
- Transparent Languages
- Ancestry Library Edition
- Heritage Quest
- Testing & Education Reference Center
- Career Transitions
- College Planning Center
- Universal Class
- Bristol Herald Courier Online
- At www.bristol-library.org, click on the “Catalog and Account” login button.
- Click on “My Account”
- Enter your barcode (library card number) without spaces in the first box, then enter your password.
- When your account comes up, click on “Checkouts” to get a list. You can see checkouts, due dates, hold items, etc.
Renewals & Notices
- Sign into your account
- When your account comes up, click on “Checkouts” to get a list.
- Click on the box beside each to renew.
If you are signed up for text or email notifications, you will receive a courtesy reminder 3 days before items are due.
- Adult, Juvenile, YA cards may check out up to 20 items.
- Four DVDs per card.
- Books, CDs, & Audio Books check out for 2 weeks. DVDs are 1 week.
- All items may be renewed twice (except Kits) unless the item is on reserve for someone else. Renewals can be done over the phone, via computer, or in person.
- You will be contacted by phone, email, or text when available.
- You can place a hold in person, over the phone, or from your own device.
- Failure to pick up holds will result in a fee of $1.
Fines & Lost Materials
- Books, CDs, Audio Books: 20₵/day
- DVDs: $1/day
- Kits: $1/day (1 week checkout)
- Charges for lost materials will be replacement costs plus fines and fees.
Story Time for Pre-School is 10:30am every Wednesday . Currently, we are meeting on zoom.
Elementary kids can join our Magic Tree House Book Club. Families pick up a new book and related activities every two weeks. Read along sessions are repeated Monday and Thursday at 3:00pm. Currently, we are meeting on zoom.
Tweens can join our Book Club at 5:00pm on Monday. Past titles include Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, Holes by Louis Sachar, and Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. Currently, we are meeting on zoom.
The Nifty Fifty Adventure is a popular geography program about the 50 United States. Each week during the school year, we read books about one state, complete a scrapbook page, do a craft representing the state, and often eat a popular food from the state. This program will start on zoom in September if there is sufficient interest.