Join us for Story Time!
Mondays at 11:30 am & Tuesdays at 10am
Bristol Public Library Children’s Department – All Aboard!
The Children’s Library at the Bristol Public Library is a magical place for kids. The transportation theme of “Going Places” captures your imagination as soon as you step through the door of the Food City Reading Room. The area features shelves full of books, comfortable seating just right for sharing a story, and even a pet bird named Citrus! Whether it’s around the corner or across the universe, our children’s library has kids going places!
Keep children learning and entertained with many of the programs and activities that the library offers. Here are just a few of the special things that children can enjoy at the library:
- 40,000 books, magazines, CDs, and cassettes
- A Children’s Mural featuring colorful images from around the world
- A Train Station Program Room
- Children’s internet access and Children’s Game Computers
- Story Times
- Summer and Winter Reading Programs
- Summer Reading: 8-12 year old book club on Fridays
- After-school, holiday, and seasonal programs featuring stories and crafts
- Special monthly programming for 8-12 years old
Mondays @ 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays @ 10:00 a.m.
Things to note:
Our Avoca Branch also offers story time every Wednesday at 11:00am.
Children below the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by someone 13 years of age or older in the Children’s Library. Children must be at least 6 years old to sign up for their own library card. A parent or guardian with 2 forms of ID (one with a current address) must be present to sign a child up for a library card.
Please Respect yourself, Respect others, and Respect the library.
The Bristol Public Library is breastfeeding friendly. Changing stations are available in every restroom.