Job, Career & Veterans
The Bristol Public Library offers assistance through The Homer and Ida Jones Creative Arts, Technology, and Workforce Development Center. The Jones Center is a resource for adults to enhance their education, digital literacy and computer skills, creative and artistic expression, and career mobility. It features a spacious computer lab, staffed for on-demand and one-on-one assistance. The staff will help with resumes, job searches, employment applications, and more. You may want to call ahead 276-645-8790 to be sure someone is available to help. Click on the above link for more information.
- Resume templates and live assistance from experts (2 PM-11 PM)
- Submit your resume and receive expert feedback
- Interview tips and coaching
- Expert assistance with searching, applying, and preparing for jobs
- Expert assistance with completing unemployment benefits forms
- Homework Help includes some testing options
- Log in with library card
- Live Veteran Navigator Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP, and state standardized tests.
- Job Tools Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources, and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests, and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skill Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Send Question Send a question and get expert help
- Foreign Language Lab / Spanish-Speaking Support